Ash Class Meet the Teacher
Thank-you so much for coming.
The following points will be covered during my talk but I thought it would be useful to have a few handy notes to take home.
Staff in Ash Class
Mrs George – Class Teacher
Miss Hardy – HLTA
Miss Dyke and Miss Peacock – LSAs
A fantastic start to term!
All the children have made a fabulous start to the term, adapting quickly to being members of Key Stage 2. With excellent behaviour being demonstrated by all of Ash Class around the school, the children are being rewarded with many house points! Our other class rewards include Star of the Week, Academic Star, Star of the day and are working towards a marble jar treat. We are all committed to maintaining a positive atmosphere to learn in and hope you have felt this too.
Read Every Day
As you know we expect the children to read every night at home and reward them in school when they do this. Please support us by encouraging your child to read, talking about the story and recording in their diary every day.
PE and Swimming Days
Ash Class usually have PE on Tuesdays and will be swimming on Fridays.
- We would like named PE kits to be in school every day.
- For health and safety reasons long hair should be tied back in school but particularly in P.E. For swimming, please ensure girls have their hair tied in plaits or a bun.
- Pierced earrings should be removed for PE and swimming. If your child can’t take out their own earrings, please remove them before school on those days.
- Please make sure that all children have a pair of socks in their PE bag (especially for children who wear tights in winter).
- It is your choice if your child wears plimsolls or trainers for outdoor PE but please make sure they can fasten them themselves.
Ash Class Library slot is currently on Wednesday afternoon so please make sure you send library books into school to be changed that day.
- 10 minutes reading every night
- Spelling and times table practice (tests are on a Friday)
- Weekly English and Maths tasks, which will be sent out on a Friday and due in on a Wednesday
- Dates for your Diary
- Wednesday 19th September Delight Book Fair
- Monday 24th September 3pm Open Classrooms
- Friday 28th September Macmillan Coffee Morning
- On Tuesday 9th October at 2.15 p.m. we will be holding our Harvest Assembly in St. Mark’s Church.
- Monday 15th October 3 pm Open Classrooms
- Friday 19th October – Last day of term
- INSET – Monday 29th October
- Book Week – week beginning Monday 12th November
- Wednesday 14th November – Stories and Hot Chocolate
- Friday 16th November – Children in Need Day – Dress in Spots or your favourite book character
A few brief reminders
- Please send your child into school with a water bottle every day, with just water in please as is school policy, we do encourage them to drink throughout the day.
- Please send your children into school with long hair tied back, it makes a real difference to their learning.
- Please name all of your child’s uniform! This includes renaming any uniform passed down from friends.
- All children in KS2, KS1 and Foundation stage have a healthy snack provided every day, in KS2 only healthy snacks such as fruit, fresh or dried, are allowed. No fizzy drinks, crisps or chocolate.
The children are really enjoy using Purple Mash, our new computing programme, in school. They can also access this from home. Please encourage them to have a look, particularly at our new Serial Mash reading section and any 2Do’s that have been set by their teacher as the year progresses and let us know what you think.
Please make sure you are aware of our uniform, which includes black shoes, small green or white hair bows and grey trousers or skirts. We have been really pleased with how smart all the children look – let’s work together to keep it up.
Worries or concerns?
Please use the Class Teachers or LSAs as your first port of call with any problems or concerns (large or small). We are usually best placed to deal with your concerns quickly. Mr. McCann our Home School Link Worker is also available to support you.
Thank you for coming.