Vision and Ethos
The vision for the school
We aspire for all our children to be happy and become confident, secure, caring individuals who achieve personal success and a love of learning, enabling them to be the best that they can be throughout their lives. It is our belief that the staff at Green Oak should do everything that they possibly can to ensure that the children at Green Oak reach their individual potential within an inclusive, Christian environment.
At Green Oak we have six key Christian values which focus us as a school community. They are.
Consideration, Endeavour, Positivity, Respect, Responsibility and Trust
These values underpin the way we live and work and we explore these through our assemblies and the wider school curriculum. Through these values we can:
- Learn tolerance of different points of view and lifestyles
- Have self-respect and respect for others and their beliefs
- Appreciate that we are all unique, individual and equal as children of God
- Motivate one another to achieve greater things by working together
- Learn to trust in each other and feel safe and secure
- Meet challenges with strength, confidence and resilience