Beech Class Meet the Teacher
Thank-you so much for coming.
The following points will be covered during my talk but I thought it would be useful to have a few handy notes to take home and for those of you who couldn’t make it today.
Staff in Beech Class
Mrs.Mallett – Classteacher
Mrs.Forde and Mrs.Barwick – LSAs
Mrs.Holmes – Cover teacher
Mrs. Mills – Reading Recovery and SENDCo
A fantastic start to term!
All the children have made a fabulous start to the term, adapting quickly to the new routines of lining up in the playground and trying really hard to remember their ‘Fantastic Walking’ all around the school. In return we are all making sure we catch these wonderful behaviours and are rewarding the children with house points! Our other class rewards include Star of the Week, Musician of the Week, Top Table, Playground Stars and Star of the day to name just a few! We are all committed to maintaining a positive atmosphere to learn in and hope you have felt this too.
Read Every Day
As you know we expect the children to read every night at home and reward them in school when they do this. Please support us by encouraging your child to read, talking about the story and recording in their diary every day.
Beech Class usually have PE/Games on Wednesdays. We would like named PE kits to be in school every day.
- For health and safety reasons long hair should be tied back in school but particularly in P.E.
- Pierced earrings should be removed for PE, if your child can’t take out their own earrings please remove them before school on those days.
- Please make sure that all children have a pair of socks in their PE bag (especially for children who wear tights in winter).
- It is your choice if your child wears plimsolls or trainers for outdoor PE but please make sure they can fasten them themselves.
Beech Class Library slot is currently on Thursday afternoon so please make sure you send library books into school to be changed that day.
- 10 minutes reading every night
Dates for your Diary
- NSPCC E-safety meeting 20th September at 2pm
- On Wednesday 11th October at 2 p.m. we will be holding our Harvest Assembly in St. Mark’s Church.
- INSET – 30th October
- Book Week – week beginning Monday 13th November
- Pantomime – Monday 11th December
A few brief reminders
- Please send your child into school with a water bottle every day, with just water in please as is school policy, we do encourage them to drink throughout the day.
- Please send your children into school with long hair tied back, it makes a real difference to their learning.
- Please name all of your child’s uniform! This includes renaming any uniform passed down from friends.
- KS1 and Foundation stage have a healthy snack provided every day, in KS2 only healthy snacks such as fruit, fresh or dried, are allowed. No fizzy drinks, crisps or chocolate please.
The children are really enjoying using Purple Mash, our new computing programme, in school. They can also access this from home using the log on details we have put on the front of their reading diaries – please have a look and let us know what you think.
Over the next few weeks you will notice our website changing. We have updated the information pages and will be trying to make it more useful to you – let us know if there is anything you’d like us to include.
Please make sure you are aware of our uniform, which includes black shoes, small green or white hair bows and grey trousers or skirts. We have been really pleased with how smart all the children look – let’s work together to keep it up.
Worries or concerns?
Please use the Class Teachers or LSAs as your first port of call with any problems or concerns (large or small). We are usually best placed to deal with your concerns quickly. Mr. McCann our Home School Link Worker is also available to support you.
Rest assured – your children have all settled beautifully and are working well and adapting to the new routines of Year 2.
Thank you for coming.